Thursday, May 19, 2011

Simple Potato Omelet

Featured at Mz. Helen's Full Plate Thursday
Bingo! One potato and two eggs, that all I have in the kitchen. I grew up eating this potato omelet. Sometimes we ate it for breakfast with fried rice or inserted it in a pandesal (Filipino rolls), sometimes we cooked this at dinner along with left over food from lunch. Now it's my turn to cook it and eat as it is. I have no one to share with :)


1 potato, diced into small pieces
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
olive oil

In a pan, heat the oil and cook the potato, set aside. In the same pan, saute the garlic and onion until cook, add the potato, seasoned with salt and pepper. Let it cool. Add the potato mixture onto the beaten egg. Pour half of the mixture into the pan, when the bottom is cooked, fold into half.

Serve it with ketchup (or sweet soy sauce). Enjoy!

Happy Thursday!
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

7 comments:

Diane said...

I often make myself an omelette but have never though of potato in it. Interesting must give this a try. Diane

PinayinTexas said...

I love potato omelet too Lani! Your post reminds me of my childhood days in the Philippines. :)

Lyndsey ~The Tiny Skillet~ said...

I don't know why I've never made a potato omelet before, it sounds good. I usually have the potatoes next to my omelet. :D

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lani,
I just love the flavor of potato and onion and in an omelet would be great. It looks delicious! Thank you for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

Rivki Locker said...

I just came across this recipe on Frugal Follies. What a simple dinner idea. My kids LOVE potatoes. Paired with a soup or salad, this would make a complete meal. Thanks for the inspiration.

bj said...

We have omelets often but I never thought to add potatoes. Gonna make one right now. :)

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations Lani,
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week, enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel