Monday, May 2, 2011

Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffin


Glazed and crunchy on top, sweet and soft inside! No butter or oil for this recipe, I thought it wouldn't rise but lemon juice and honey I think made the trick. I just can't resist, I ate five in one sitting along with a cup of hot green tea. It's just a small portion anyways :)


For the ingredients, prepared the following:  1 and  1/2 cups whole wheat flour ; 1/4 cup brown sugar (or more); 2teaspoon baking powder; a pinch of salt; 1 slightly beaten egg; 1 tablespoon honey; 1 tablespoon lemon juice; 1 teaspoon vanilla; 1/4-1/2 cup strawberry milk (of just milk); 1 cup chopped strawberries

Preheat the oven for 190 ̊C(375 ̊F).  Put paper liners in a muffin pan. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder and stir in sugar. Whisk the honey, lemon juice, vanilla, egg, and strawberry milk (milk) together in a mixing bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries.
Spoon the batter into the paper liners and bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until risen and lightly brown. Remove the muffins from the oven, transfer to a wire rack, at let cool.

Meet my whole wheat strawberry muffins...

Even the stawberries were melted, enjoy!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

These look so delicious! Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday and sharing this wonderful recipe!

Marelie said...

Oh wow!Your muffins look sinfully delicious..yummy! I am your newest follower.I hope you drop by at my site and follow me too.thanks.
all the best,
Marelie www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

Comfy Cook said...

I have wanted to make strawberry muffins and have been afraid, they have too much liquid and would bog down the muffin but if your recipe came out, I want to make it. They sound so good.

Chaya said...

Thanks for linking this up to Let's Do Brunch. It is what I would want to see served at a brunch. I made cherry muffins, this morning and they were so delicious. Now, I have to try your strawberrry.

sugarswings said...

yum!!! these look great!!

Chaya said...

We are featuring your muffins, Monday, on My Meatless Mondays. Come on over and take a peel and bring along any other recipe, you would like to share. Thanks.

Roz from 'la bella vita' said...

Hi Lani, these strawberry muffins sound not only delish, but also healthy! Already following you; good luck on your exams and maybe sometime come on over and share a post on my foodie blog hop (going on now until Monday too). Bye for now, Roz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel