Monday, May 2, 2011

Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffin


Glazed and crunchy on top, sweet and soft inside! No butter or oil for this recipe, I thought it wouldn't rise but lemon juice and honey I think made the trick. I just can't resist, I ate five in one sitting along with a cup of hot green tea. It's just a small portion anyways :)


For the ingredients, prepared the following:  1 and  1/2 cups whole wheat flour ; 1/4 cup brown sugar (or more); 2teaspoon baking powder; a pinch of salt; 1 slightly beaten egg; 1 tablespoon honey; 1 tablespoon lemon juice; 1 teaspoon vanilla; 1/4-1/2 cup strawberry milk (of just milk); 1 cup chopped strawberries

Preheat the oven for 190 ̊C(375 ̊F).  Put paper liners in a muffin pan. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder and stir in sugar. Whisk the honey, lemon juice, vanilla, egg, and strawberry milk (milk) together in a mixing bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries.
Spoon the batter into the paper liners and bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until risen and lightly brown. Remove the muffins from the oven, transfer to a wire rack, at let cool.

Meet my whole wheat strawberry muffins...

Even the stawberries were melted, enjoy!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

These look so delicious! Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday and sharing this wonderful recipe!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!Your muffins look sinfully delicious..yummy! I am your newest follower.I hope you drop by at my site and follow me too.thanks.
all the best,
Marelie www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have wanted to make strawberry muffins and have been afraid, they have too much liquid and would bog down the muffin but if your recipe came out, I want to make it. They sound so good.

Chaya said...

Thanks for linking this up to Let's Do Brunch. It is what I would want to see served at a brunch. I made cherry muffins, this morning and they were so delicious. Now, I have to try your strawberrry.

Sugar Swings said...

yum!!! these look great!!

Chaya said...

We are featuring your muffins, Monday, on My Meatless Mondays. Come on over and take a peel and bring along any other recipe, you would like to share. Thanks.

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Hi Lani, these strawberry muffins sound not only delish, but also healthy! Already following you; good luck on your exams and maybe sometime come on over and share a post on my foodie blog hop (going on now until Monday too). Bye for now, Roz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel