Friday, May 20, 2011

Purple Rice and Shrimp

Bento #09 ~ Purple Rice and Shrimp
Another  healthy complete meal, but the difference now is I used purple rice (I really don't know how to call this, maybe wild rice?). I have here rice, top with egg, shrimp, tofu, cabbage, peas, and cherry tomatoes.

Ifried the egg first in olive oil. In the same pan, I cooked the shrimp and added a little water, seasoned with salt and pepper and set aside after all the water drained. Again, in the same pan, I fried the tofu and added a little sweet soysauce. The peas and cabbage were blanched, sprinkled with olive oil.
Grab a bite :) Enjoy!

Happy Friday!

12 comments:

tinyskillet said...

What a beautiful, healthy meal...I love it!!! I have been trying some different rice, like red, black, purple, and bamboo rice. It's so much fun and healthy too!

maiylah said...

oohhh, love the meal!
would love to grab a bite. literally. lol. ;)
happy friday!

wenn said...

looks unique! how come purple?

Perfectly Blended said...

the food really looks yummy. I bet it smells good too!

RealMenWearAprons said...

looks yummy and healthy too. visiting for FTF..here is My FTF

Clarissa said...

I love everything in your bento!Looks so oh healthy^_^

http://ties-bonding.blogspot.com/2011/05/mothers-day-2011.html

Happy FTF!

Unknown said...

i love your bento--such plump shrimps! purple (red) rice is nutritious, too.

Sherry said...

wow! healthy meal! how does the purple rice taste? i'm curious :)

happy friday!

Kim, USA said...

There is a name on that kind of rice and we used to mixed that to glutenous rice for biko. Your presentation is beautiful!

Ginataang alimango

Edsie said...

Visiting from FTF!! Food looks yummy!!
Food Trip Friday: Mr. Choi

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

I love your lunch box!I wonder where could I get that.

Cheerful said...

i agree it is a beautiful lunch box...i want one, my kids will enjoy their food more! anyway, you always have a complete, healthy, and delicious meal. have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel