Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tuna Sandwich and Blanched Vegetables

Bento #12 ~ Tuna Sandwich and Blanched Veges
I baked the whole wheat bread creating into fun shaped like flowers, hearts, and even bears. I used tuna in water fresh from the can, I seldom eat canned food and if ever I have to add lots of vegetables to the meal. In here I used steamed okra wrapped in fish cake and baby corn as side dish. I also have mixed salad and seedless grapes for dessert.

whole wheat bread (refer to recipe)
tuna in water, drained
mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
cheese

Cut the bread in half, spread some mayonnaise, top with tuna, and cheese, seasoned with salt and pepper. Place in an oven to toast, just to melt the cheese.

2 blanched baby corn
4 blanched okra
2 cake fish
Blanched baby corn, okra, and cake fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.

romaine lettuce
cherry tomatoes
kanebo (fake crab meat)
sesame dressing
Chopped the lettuce, slice the cherry tomatoes and kanebo, drizzle with sesame dressing.

seedless grapes

Enjoy!
Yummy Sunday
Straight Out of My Camera

19 comments:

tejan said...

wow lani..sarap naman tingnan..lalo na siguro kung kainin..hehe! my fav actually kaso mahal yan ditow:I

my YS is up too..fish also..hehe!

teJan said...

folllowed here ang sarap dito..heheh..see you every now and then:)

Cooking Gallery said...

I think your bento is getting prettier and prettier day by day... :D!! Love the fish cake and the sandwich looks delicious too!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...

Hi Lani! Love your fun shaped bread & fishcakes! What kinda fishcake did you use?

Jenfamily said...

wow looks really yummy...i wish marunong ako gumawa niyan...

Teresa said...

So much fun with the different shapes! It certainly looks yummy!

Laura Railing said...

MMM I love food blog posts! It is always inspiration to me! You can follow my blog back if you'd like http://jlrailing.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gosh Lani..a work of art,lovely and delicious..kelan kaya ako kakain ng ganito naman ang presentation!

Maude Lynn said...

Yum!

wenn said...

wow, scrumptious!

gengen said...

What a yummy food. Happy SOOC Sunday.

Mars @ The Food Encounters said...

That's one heck of a bento! I so love it! I hope I can make something like this next time for my daughter. :)

Visiting here from Yummy Sunday! Hope you can visit me back too! Here's my post for this week: Salad bar

TIA!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

The Tuna Sandwich is so mouth watering!

My Yummy Sunday

life's journey said...

I like it and want to eat again. Happy YS! Mine is up.

Bella Skye said...

Mmm that looks delicious!

Perfectly Blended said...

i like to try this yummy sandwich!

Bogie said...

wow, this is a yummy looking sandwich!

Tony said...

mouthwatering!

Cheerful said...

everything looks great, you're so creative! that sandwich with tuna looks really delicious! anyway, have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel