Monday, May 9, 2011

Whole Wheat Mini Bread

I'm making Bento (Boxed Meal) lately that's why I made bite size kind of bread to fit in my lunch box. I used my cookie cutter to shape the dough. I also used my hook mixer to do all the kneading. The bread is hard but chewy, sort of pizza bread the way I like it and a little bit sweet since I added cake flour. I think, I'll make this kind again and again.

Ingredients:


1/4 cup warm water (or more)
2 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup cake flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
 
In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Knead to smooth the dough for 5 minutes or more until the dough comes to together into a dough hook. Place in a bowl, dust with flour (not to stick) cover with plastic until it double its size. Let it set in a warm place.
 
Punch down to remove air.  Knead in a work surface, seam underside until the top surface is smooth. Cover a plastic not to dry out. Let it rise for an hour or more again to double its size.
 
Get a handful to form a loaf shape or using a cookie cutter.  Place in a parchment cookie sheet. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in a preheated oven for 210°C (about 410°F).

Enjoy! Happy Monday!
Many, many thanks My Meatless Monday

Muffin Monday ~ post by request of the owner :), thanks!
Note: I would like to take this opportunity to give thanks to Elisabeth of Food and Thrift Finds and  Tina of Pinay in Texas Cooking Corner for giving me Eight in One Awards. I really appreciate them! I guess I'm lucky enought to receive two awards from both of you almost at the same time :). Many, many thanks!

In return I'll be giving the award to :
  1. Cooking Gallery ~ my inspiration in making Bento.
  2. Angie's Recipe ~ discovering healthy recipes
  3. Food Trip Friday ~ meeting some Foodies every Friday

12 comments:

Cooking Gallery said...

Love the mini bread :)!! You should post a picture of your bento lunch too, I am very curious to see it :D)!!

Cooking Gallery said...

And of course, thank you for the award, I feel very honoured...:D)!!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Thanks for thinking of me for the award. I appreciate it. :)

Miriam said...

I love how simple this recipe is and how cute they are! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Anonymous said...

Gosh Lani..Im gonna pass out with all the yummy treats here.Your mini bread is such a treat...yum yum! thanks for sharing!

Kathryn\ said...

Mini bread! Love it and whole wheat at that! Please share your recipe with our readers by linking it up at Muffin Monday. Thanks!

http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/cant-get-enough-vanilla-muffins

Dani said...

Mmmm..it looks perfect. and you know, im hungry now.
I heart bread too. (i miss my mum's bread home)

Have a lovely weekend, Lani

Karen said...

Cute bread and a great recipe. I may have to try it!

Clytie said...

I can almost smell that delicious homemade bread ... when are they going to invent scratch-n-sniff computers I wonder? :=}

I love love LOVE the idea of using a cookie cutter (especially a heart shaped one) to make little lunch sized loafs. What a WONDERFUL idea - one I can't wait to try!!!

Thank you for linking this post to Guest Heart Thursday - it's PERFECT!

SquirrelQueen said...

I like the idea of these little breads, plus they sound delicious.

Inger-M said...

Mmmm, yummy hearts!

Kathryn said...

Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday! Hope to see you again this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel