Monday, May 23, 2011

Fresh Mango and Walnut Bread

The other day, I made Mango and Coconut Cupcake and I still have a cup of puree from the mango I bought. If banana is so good in bread, why not mango... here's the result, I would say this is Mango Bread in a Cup. It looks hard on top, but I like it that way. I really lessened the butter and sugar this time.

I'm a bit frugal here from NT$120 to NT69, I saw this mango with dark marked and I thought it would be nice for baking recipe. I just removed the dark part, and I made two cups of puree.

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar (I used powder)
50g unsalted butter (1/2 stick or more)
1 cup mango puree
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C(350 ̊F). Prepare the muffin pan by putting paper liners.Sift flour, salt, baking powder, in a bowl and set aside. Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and cinnamon.Add the mango puree and lemon juice, continue mixing until all the ingredients are incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the batter, continue beating until smooth. Fold in the walnuts.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until cook. Let cool in the pan for few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
(Left hand is holding a piece of bread, right hand is taking photo...:)

Enjoy! Happy Monday!

Tuesdays at the Table


9 comments:

Diane said...

Oh boy I bet those taste good :-) Diane

Greenderella said...

Yummy! Those look soo good!

Kathryn said...

I've never made mango muffins, but they look and sound delicious! Thanks so much for linking your yummy muffins up at Muffin Monday! Have a great week and hope to see you again next Monday!

Unknown said...

yay, mango muffin! now, these are great stuff.:p

Mellow Yellow Monday

Jemina S said...

Awesome! My mouth is watering!

Kay L. Davies said...

Mmm, I love to eat them but I've never thought of baking with them. What a wonderful idea! Lovely mellow yellow color, too.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Chubskulit Rose said...

That looks delicious!

Judee said...

We love anything mango and these muffins sound really good. I am now following you. I would love it if you visited my blog and followed back.

Chef in Training said...

WOW! I bet those are delicious! I will have to try these out! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! THanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel