Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tomato and Cheese Quesadillas

I bought corn flour in Muji (Japanese Store) long time ago. I had struggle following directions on how to make tortilla, it's written in Japanese! Well, I just looked at the illustration at the back of the package and I did it, it was successful! :)

The filling is just the same as the ingredients in making fresh salsa. I just added cheese when I cooked quesadilla.

1 tomato
1 small onion
1 jalapeno
1 lime juice
pinch of salt

Chop the tomato, onion, and jalapeno. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients. Squeeze the excess juice from the filling so the tortilla will not get soft.

How to make tortilla?
The packet of 200g corn flour, and the illustration at the back on how to make...
Add 100ml water and 30ml oil (I added a pinch of salt); knead until all mix, then cover
and set aside for 20 minutes. Divide the dough into 8 pieces, roll into thin flat round.
Heat a pan, place the dough until cook or rises lightly and flip to cook the other side.

How to make Tomato and Cheese Quesadilla?
As I've mentioned above, the filling is just like the salsa ingredients, just add cheese.

Place one tortilla in a pan, add single cheese, let it melt and spread.

Place tomato stuffing on top.

Add cheese (grated cheese is better).

Put another tortilla on top, flip to cook and melt the cheese the other side.

Introducing... my home-made tomato and cheese quesadilla!

1 comment:

MaryMoh said...

Well done for making your own tortillas! Yours look very delicious. Nothing is better than homemade :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel