Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bitter Gourd with Salted Eggs

Bitter Gourd with Salted Eggs
White bitter gourd is common here in Taiwan. I saw some fruit shake stands selling bitter gourd shake and I never tried them yet. I'm afraid, I'm not gonna like it! But given the chance, I would like to try it! ;). This recipe is taken from my cookbook All About Eggs. I added tuna flakes instead of dried shrimps.

Ingredients:
1 bitter gourd, sliced
2 cooked salted eggs, cubed
1/2 tablespoon dried shrimps (tuna flakes)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red chili pepper, sliced
salt and pepper
some sugar
In a pan, heat 2 tablespoon oil and saute garlic, dried shrimps until fragrant. Stir in salted eggs and fry until foamy (If the salted egg is too salty, don't add 1 egg white). Add bitter gourd and combine well. Add some water and seasonings. Stir well and scatter over the chili. Serve.

Note: If the bitter gourd is too bitter, blanch in boiling water with salt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel