Monday, May 24, 2010

Creme Brulee (No Caramel)

I would want to prove once again if I could bake pudding custard in my oven toaster, and yes I did it again! My toaster timer is only up to 15 minutes, so what I did was to preheat it  for 15 minutes, and steam bath baking the pudding for about an hour. I like the toppings a little bit burnt, well that's what Crème Brûlée  means. I also used sugar substitute and low-fat milk. I could not find vanilla pod in the supermarket, only the one in packs. I made about 5 servings.

340g fresh low-fat milk
70g sugar (1/2 cup substitute sugar)
4 egg yolks
1 vanilla powder
4.5g vanilla power

Add vanilla to a milk and bring it boil, set aside. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, and mix well. Add the mix eggyolk mixture into the milk. Whisk to blend. Strain the mixture, then pour into the ramekins.
Add water into shallow tray and put the ramekins in it, bake it for about an hour. Let it cool, place the pudding in the refrigerator to chill. Serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel