Sunday, May 30, 2010

Filipino Beef Steak

Filipino Beef Steak
Another famous dish in the Philippines is called "Bistek", meaning Beef Steak. As usual different region has different ways to prepare it. The common ingredients are beef, calamsi juice, onion, and soy sauce. Since I only have lime, I used lime instead of calamsi. Here it is:
1/2 kilo beef
1 white onion, sliced into rings
2 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 cup water
soy sauce
bay leaf
Cut beef across the grain into 2-inch portions.
Put water, soy sauce and bay leaf in a saucepan.
Cook beef in this mixture over medium heat.
When the meat is slightly tender, pour in lime juice. Simmer.
Add onion rings before removing from heat.
Since I don't have any vegetables that day,
I got  fresh tomato for side dish.

OK, here it is! Let's eat!


My hubby cooked this one, he marinated the beef
with soy sauce and calamansi juice over night.

3 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

love it when mom prepares this one :D

☺lani☺ said...

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, even my mom-in-law can do it better. She told me how to do it, still I can't get the same taste as the way she prepares it.

Is it Down said...

This looks so yummy! I've had bistek once before but it's been too long. I'm in the mood for it after looking at your picture!
-Chelsea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel