Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chicken and Papaya Soup

One of the famous dish soup in the Philippines is called Tinola or Chicken Soup with Papaya. Actually, I made this without recipe, I just prepared 1 chicken breast fillet, 1/2 green papaya, some ginger, salt and pepper, drop of fish sauce, and dash of chili powder. First, I sauteed the chicken and ginger, then added water to boil. Add the green papaya, and seasoned. In the original recipe, chili leaves are included. Mostly, the chicken added should have bones and skin. This time I used breast fillet and its not that tastier than I tasted before. Still, it's very healthy!

1 comment:

Tina Butler said...

I love papaya this is such a interesting dish. I lived in Hawaii for 9 years growing up. I learned to east a wide range of foods. I will be foloowing your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel