Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oatmeal and Tofu Pancake


A very healthy breakfast adapted from SBD Recipes, I used oatmeal tofu (a box of silk tofu with oatmeal added) that can easily find in the supermarkets. If tofu is not available, from original recipe low-fat cottage cheese in another choice.

1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1 box silken tofu
or 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

In a blender, process place the oatmeal, tofu, egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg  until smooth. In a pan, add a drop of oil (or cooking spray). Add the batter and cook over medium heat until sides are slightly browned.

Top with low sugar cranberry syrup ( sorry for the color :), but it's yum!
(You can top the pancake with a low-sugar syrup of your choice.)

Tuesdays at the Table

Tuesday Tastes Party

4 comments:

Diane said...

I really like the sound of this, I will give it a try.

Dhemz said...

am speechless...:) I'm drooling so bad...:)

btw, if you have a chance...hope you can join my simple giveaway contest....:)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I have never tried tofu, it sounds like it would be a great meal though!

tinyskillet said...

Yummy! I am just starting to get into pancakes! I want to make these next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel