Thursday, June 17, 2010

Salmon Kabobs


I usually buy fish and meat products either in Costco or Wellcome(that's really how it spelled) , because they are individually wrapped and only good for one or two servings. But today, I bought this in a traditional market (wet market), the cut is big and too fat. I decided to make it into kabobs that I adapted from South Beach Diet Recipes. I have left over peppers from other dish I made. Except, I don't have any onions and tomatoes available (I used them all in my Tomato and Onion Soup).

2 tablespoon extra-virgin oil
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 salmon (or any fish), cut into big cube (bite size)
1/2 red, green, and yellow bell pepper, cut into big cube
tomatoes and onion (optional)

Pre-heat the broiler, I used oven-toaster. In  a bowl, combine the oil, juice, and mustard. Stir to blend. Place the fish to the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes, tuning the  fish to coat evenly and chill for another 5 minutes. Thread the fish onto skewers (I used sticks), alternating fish cubes with colored peppers. Brush the kabobs lightly with the marinade.

Place the skewer on a broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes. Turn the kabobs and brush again with the rest of the marinade. Broil for another 5 minutes longer or until the fish is no longer translucent and the vegetables are tender-crisp. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Salmon is my favourite fish..I shall try to make some skewers next time.
Thanks for sharing such a inspiring recipe.

☺lani☺ said...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to see your skewers. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel