Thursday, June 3, 2010

Coffee Jelly

Coffee Jelly
One of the famous desserts in Japanese Sushi Bar here in Taiwan is Coffee Jelly. It's not that sweet and coffee creamier is added to it. In Christie Lee's Cookbook, there's a recipe on how to make Coffee Jelly but it's not clear if the "1/2 cup instant coffee" is mix with water or just simply 1/2cup of instant coffee powder. For me, if it's powder for 2 1/2 cups water, that's too strong. What I did, I just added 4 tablespoon of coffee. I also used agar-agar replacing gelatin powder.

1/2 cup instant coffee (I used 4 tablespoon)
2 tablespoon gelatin powder (I used 1 small packet of  agar-agar)
2 1/2 cups water
whipped cream (optional)
chocolate syrup (optional)
coffee creamier (optional)
fresh milk (optional)

Combine instant coffee, gelatin powder, sugar and water in a saucepan. Let boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until completely dissolved. Transfer mixture into cups or small dessert bowls. Chill for 1-2 hours. Top jelly with some whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce just before serving.

I just added coffee creamier like this photo below, and I cut some into cubes and added to cold fresh milk.
coffee jelly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel