Monday, June 28, 2010

Simply Hummus

For the first time in Traditional Market, I found fresh chickpeas and I immediately bought a kilo. Since I've seen SBD Recipes use a lot of chickpeas. The first recipe I adapted from is Hummus. Since, it's fresh I boiled them first for about 5 minutes.

1 cup chickpeas
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Drain the chickpeas, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid. Combine chickpeas, lime juice, tahini, onion, garlic, oil, cumin, pepper, and salt in a blender. Puree until smooth, adding the chickpeas liquid if needed to thin the puree. Refrigerate to chill at least 3 hours before serving to blend the flavors. Garnish with parsley (optional).

Since I'm the only one eating it, there's more left-over! I made it into pasta sauce, just added parmesan cheese, and roasted garlic.Place on top of any kinds of noodles... garnish it with fresh basil... A meal!

So creamy and yummy!

Another Meatless Monday here...
MyMeatlessMondays


Some Hummus on Foodista

7 comments:

Diane said...

I make hummus regularly, I love it but some times I get a bit carried away with too much garlic in it:) I love it but others may not! Diane

Angie's Recipes said...

I will have to look out for some fresh chickpeas! Your hummus looks so fresh and creamy.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. It is good to see you there as a welcome foodie.

I buy hummus and it does seem silly. I can do this with a little effort or I can, at least try.

Madhura Manoj said...

Looks yum...I have to try this.

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

I love hummus. I never thought about using it for anything other than dip. I will have to try it on pasta.

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Your hummus looks wonderful. I've only ever had chickpeas out of a can - fresh must be amazing! I had never thought of using it hummus on pasta either. Great idea!!

Lisa said...

This looks SO good! I've never put these two things together but I can see why they must be yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel