Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cold Vegetable Soup (Gazpacho)

Photobucket
Summer time! It would be nice if the soup like Gazpacho is cold. Adapted  from the South Beach Diet Recipe, my first time to make and taste my way of making gazpacho. I have less ingredients, maybe it would taste better if I completed the ingredients being asked. I didn't add tomato or vegetable juice, i just added more ripe tomatoes, and no parsley, vinegar (I used lime), and worcestershire sauce. In the recipe, the procedure is just mix everything and refrigerate. I cook everything first, I don't think I can drink it raw. Then I blended it, before I refrigerate.

2 cups finely chopped fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon extra-vrigin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a pot, combine all the ingredients and just let it boil. Place in a blender, blended it until smooth. Let it cool, cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve cold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel