Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go

Vege Quiche
A simple breakfast to go from the South Beach Diet Recipes because quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. I made 5 cups, good enough for 5 days but of course I will not eat that consecutively. I bought 5 bundles of spinach and I only used 2 bundles for this recipe. The rest, I chopped and keep it in the freezer for future use. In the recipes, the mixture can make about 12 muffin cups but I only made 5 muffin cups.

1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach - I used 2 cups
3/4 cup liquid egg substitute - I used 2 eggs
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese - I used grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
1/4 cup diced onions
drops of hot pepper (optional)

Microwave the spinach for 3 minutes on high and drain the excess liquid. Combine the eggs, cheese, pepper, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly the mixture in the grease muffin cups. Bake at 210°C for 30 minutes, or until cooked.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel