Friday, June 18, 2010

Western Egg White Omelet


Taken from South Beach Diet Recipes, I was in a hurry to make breakfast that day. I've been eating breakfast for the last two weeks, and I don't get easily hungry not until lunch time. That's a good news! (I used to be big eater at night.) For the past two weeks, I'm trying to change my bio-clock, starting from eating healthy food. I lost weight although it's fluctuating since I really didn't follow the suggestions and I haven't started doing exercise.

This is just an ordinary omelet and saving it here to complete my recipe collection from South Beach Diet. The egg in original recipe is 1/2 cup egg substitute. There's now way I can find egg substitute here in Taiwan, instead I used ordinary egg, beaten lightly.

1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
1 egg, beaten lightly
3 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheese (I used mozzarella cheese)
extra-virgin olive oil for sauteing

In a pan, heat oil, saute the peppers and the scallions until they are tender-crisp. Set aside.
In the same pan, add a little oil and pour the egg. When partially set, place the vegetables and cheese over half of the egg and fold the omelet in half over the filling. Continue cooking until cook through. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Love that ooey-gooey center! A satisfying breakfast!

☺lani☺ said...

Thanks Angie!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Lani, this looks really good. I usually shy away from omelets made with egg whites but yours sounds delightful. I must make it a point to visit here more often. I really like your recipes. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

☺lani☺ said...

Thanks Mary! I've seen your blog, I love all your dish, most of them are healthy!

iska said...

Doesn't matter if it's not egg substitute... looks good anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel