Friday, August 27, 2010

Crispy Fried Fish

Chinese Style Fried Crispy Fish from the Cookbook Fish 100 by Angela Chang. It's really good! I'm not sure what kind of fish I used, but the book suggested red sea bream.

fish (red sea bream)
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon chopped red chili
2 tablespoon soysauce
1 tablespoon wine
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
salt and pepper
oil for frying
salt and pepper
Rub the fish with salt. Deep fry the fish until the outside is brown and crispy. Sprinkle the fish with pepper, set aside. In a pan, saute garlic, green onion, and read chili. Add seasonings and cook over high heat. Pour the sauce over fish. Serve immediately.


14 comments:

maiylah said...

looks absolutely yummy! almost like sweet and sour ... but not quite. ;)

Gizelle said...

At first look, I also thought about sweet and sour with the same fish usually used for the dish. Must try! Happy eating!

Jenn said...

I think I will give this a try one time. A new way to serve fried fish!

My FTF post is up HERE. Happy weekends!

wenn said...

i'm gettng hungry..

Verns said...

you really have that talent... must try to cook... thanks for the recipe.
My Food Trip Friday here

FoodTripFriday said...

Looks like Red Snapper yung fish,and yes, I really do think it's Yummylicious!!!

January Zelene said...

look so yummy.. happy eating!

Unknown said...

this looks really good! i love fish and with this sauce, mas sasarap pa.

Sreisaat said...

Sarap ng fish and the sauce, too! Kaka-miss ang ganitong luto =)



We Ate This!

Clarissa said...

OMG!!I fell in love with your dish!Must try that one of these days.Thanks for the recipe!^_^

Rossel said...

if i am not mistaken the fish you used is dalagang bukid. my husband and daughter loves tilapia. siguro try ko ito with tilapia.

Certified Foodies said...

We haven't had fish in over a week. Just looking at this dish makes me wanna go to the market and buy fish. Thanks for the recipe. Even though I'm from Malabon, I don't know what that fish is. LOL.

- blankPixels of CertifiedFoodies.com -

Our Food Trip Friday & Food Friday entry:
Shepherd's Pie turned Cottage Pie - Recipe + Photos

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Try grouper fish its more delicious.

Cecile said...

looks yummy...will try your recipe next time :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel