Monday, October 25, 2010

Vietnamese Vegetarian Stir-Fried Vermicelli

October2010 492
Previously I made Vegetarian Spring Roll,  this time I thought of wrapping the noodles in Vietnamese Spring Roll Wrapper.  I made this for my Buddhist classmate last Thursday. What a relief, I don't need to bring plates and chopsticks. I'm glad he likes it, even some others tried it:)

1 box tofu, julienne
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 shallots, chopped
1/2 carrot, julienne
3 mushroom, julienne
bunch of beans sprout
some vermicelli, soak in cold water
light soy sauce and pepper to taste
olive oil
Vietnamese wrapper


October2010 490

Heat oil, fry the tofu until golden brown. Set aside. In the name pan, saute garlic and onion until cook. Add carrots and mushroom, season with soy sauce and pepper. Add tofu and beansprout, and vermicelli and keep mixing until all the ingredients are combined.

Quickly dip the wrapper in water, place on a plate (flat). Add 2 spoonful of mixture, fold one side of the wrapper. Then fold left and right sides, roll forward to wrap the mixture. Ready to eat!
October2010 501
I tried frying it and here's the outcome. I won't recommend frying, the noodles absorbed so much oil.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

The vermicelli looks very tasty...Make this for breakfast often at home...:)

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

hy ,

first time here...awesome space you have...beautiful collection of recipe...am your proud follower now...

do drop in at my space sometime..

Tasty Appetite

tinyskillet said...

These look wonderful...so tasty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel