Sunday, October 10, 2010

Basic Guide: Substitutions


Baking Stuff Available in Taiwan
Some collection of my quick fixes for some stuff not available in hand or in case I run out of ...
  • catsup = 1/2 cup tomato sauce + 2 tablespoons sugar + 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon
  • honey = 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar + 1/3 cup liquid (the recipe calls for: water, milk, etc.)
  • milk (nonfat milk) = 1/3 cup powdered nonfat milk + 3/4 cup water
  • milk (sour milk) = 1 cup milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice (let stand for 5 minutes)
  • milk (whole milk) = 1 cup nonfat milk + 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
  • wine  = 1 cup apple juice or apple cider

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great ideas for substitutions. I am still having problems with your site. Today is OK, yesterday it told me to close down, beware of malware on your site. It does not make sense. Diane

Julie said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you too. :)

Great substitutions, I haven't seen one ketchup before. :)

Unknown said...

Great information. Because I live in the UK and most of the blogs i read come out of the US, there are often foods i need to substitute, so this is a wonderful resource :)
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
*kisses* HH

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel