Saturday, August 7, 2010

Weekend Food Tour: Dampa

Dampa is very famous in the Philippines! Dampa means wet market, where you can buy anything fresh like seafood and meat. Then you let them cook the way you want it to the nearby restaurant of your choice. I've only tried eating in Dampa twice, the first time was in 2005 and I don't even remember the place. This year, my family took me to Dampa near Mall of Asia.

As soon as we parked my niece's car, we immediately went to dampa to look around and bought fresh food.  If you'll noticed the vendors were all sitting on top, to look th market neat and avoid crowding the place.

 
According to my niece, this is the best restaurant in place. It's clean, big, and not crowded. We're here chatting while waiting for our "paluto" food.


Here are the food we had : deep-fried squid, squid with black ink, deep-fried pork chop, deep-fried fish, deep-fried crabs, and garlic-buttered prawns + green mango with Philippine's fish sauce.


Here we are having a feast! Enjoy viewing!

Happy Weekend!

10 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I want some more prawns! Gosh..they are big! ;-)

Kim, USA said...

Oh my this is really a feast and I am drooling here. ^_^
Yummy Sunday

Bakericious said...

I miss Philippines, ve been yrs not visiting this beautiful country. I wil definately go to dampa if going Phil next time, thanks for sharing :)

Maharlikah said...

Nice post! I love the green mango. :-) Anyway, thank you for joining!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Bigla akong ginutom Lan lol.. Those are tempting!

Spice Up Your Life

Perfectly Blended said...

you never fail to amaze me with your great photos!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

sarap naman :D

Jenn said...

I didn't there is one near SM MOA. Look at those prawns, nakakatakam!

My Yummy Sunday post is up HERE.

EJ said...

What a feast, my eyes are full lol..

admin said...

wow, seafood plus mango... love that... that's a great feast! it'll cost a lot to eat all those here...

-rache

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel