Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blueberry Ricotta Cheese

No-bake cheese cake is very popular specially summer time! I read, that July 30 was also a National Cheese Cake Day! So here I am, giving a blueberry ricotta cheese dessert a try (not a cake :-)! I still have some left-over Blueberry Sauce from previous Blueberry Mixed-grain Pancake, and that's what I used and I also made my own Ricotta Cheese.

For the cheese mixture:
250g ricotta cheese
1/4 cup sugar (or more)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
250g whipcream (all purpose cream)

Mix ricotta cheese, juice, and sugar until smooth (Add a drop of hot water, if it's too thick).  Fold in whip cream to cheese mixture. Stir gently until fluffy. Keep the cheese  in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Place the blueberry sauce on top of cheese mixture. Serve.

If desired, graham or oreo crumbs can be added at the bottom as base...
and that would be a Blueberry Ricotta Cheese Cake
:)

3 comments:

Diane said...

Yum Yum. Diane

Jane said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for adding it to my blueberry linky! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love this one.. yummy..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel