Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Simple Whole Wheat French Toast

The whole wheat bread I made that turned to french toast! What a nice day to start the day when eating proper homemade breakfast specially in this side of town where breakfast stores are all over. French toast and hot dog, plus a few seedless grapes. Everyone knows how to make french toast, but I never posted one so here it is :)


bread (I used whole wheat)
1 egg, beaten
sugar and milk
butter

In a bowl, mix the egg, sugar, and milk. Beat well. Soak the bread in the mixture for few minutes. Place the bread slices in the pan in the heated pan with butter. Flip when the other half is already brown. Serve hot.


I also cooked the left-over egg mixture! Enjoy!

(Note: sorry I forgot, veggiedog is processed, just don't mind it and focus in French Toast)

16 comments:

PinayinTexas said...

Wonderful presentation! Love it!

Cooking Gallery said...

I love your flower-shaped toast...:)!

Mrs. Crouch said...

Real Food Wednesday Posts shouldn't use processed ingredients such as Veggidogs. :) Just saying.

☺lani☺ said...

@Ms. Art teacher, thanks for the reminder. I'll take note on that :)

Chaya said...

I am on a French Toast kick. I made one filled with cream cheese, a few days ago and now I am in love.

I like the way you used this in an egg sandwich. What a good idea. Thanks for another French toast to try.

Thanks for linking this.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...

Beautiful plate of yummy home-cooked breakfast! :D

Madhura Manoj said...

Yummy...Beautiful presentation!!
http://www.easycookingforamateurs.com/

Amy said...

Delicious. What a pretty looking breakfast. I love the way you took the time to make everything looks lovely. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and following. Truly appreciate that. Have a good day.

Amy
http://utry.it

Limarea said...

Fun post, it looks delicious :)

SquirrelQueen said...

Now that's a 'hearty' way to start the day!

Clytie said...

I agree - it looks absolutely delicious! And I love the hot dog hearts!

Inger-M said...

Cute hot dog hearts!

MarieElizabeth said...

I'll have to do the heart hot dogs for my niece, she'd like that too.

kankana said...

Great French toast. Would love to make that over the weekend :) Thanks for sharing this post with hearth and soul hop

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Proof that the simple foods are the best! thanks for linking to hearth n soul.

Dani said...

Great post, lani

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel