Wednesday, June 15, 2011

V is for Vietnamese Food


Although I already tried cooking Vietnamese Food, but living in Taipei for nine years and yet never tried eating Vietnamese Food in a restaurant. Finally, thanks to my Vietnamese Classmates for taking the class in Madame Jill's Vietnamese Restaurant last month. Here are the meal we had:

This is what I like the most, made of shrimp paste in a sugarcane stick. Either dip it in a fish sauce, or wrap it in a leaf.
If you look at the food here, there are similarities with Thai Food.
We also have this embryo egg in the Philippines.

The desserts...

6 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

there is a great Viertnamese restaurant in Albany called Van's, but it's been a LONG time since I've been there.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Meryl said...

It looks really good!

photowannabe said...

Your meal looks very exotic. I don't think I have had anything that you posted. Not too sure about the egg though.

Jingle said...

these look yummy.

Wanda said...

I wish I were most brave about trying dishes I've never had.

Some of yours look very good, and other....not too sure.

Maryhocam said...

I like Thai food but have never eaten Vietnamese. I'll have to expand my horizons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel