Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Simple Coconut Lamingtons

Sponge cake rolled in dark chocolate and coconut. My first time to make lamingtons, and I think I like this kind of cake because I can adjust the sweetness oficing and I can put more of coconut for coating. I adapted the recipe from Mmmm... Baking Cookbook.

For sponge cake:
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup (150g) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup coconut (dried)

For icing/coating:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used dark chocolate from Godiva)
1/2 cup boiling water
5 tablespoon butter
2 cups dried coconut

Pre-heat the to 180°C (350°F).  Grease the square cake pan. In a large bowl, stir in the flour and baking powder. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat well until the batter is smooth, stir in the milk and coconut. Place in a cake pan and smooth the surface with spatula. Bake for 30-40 mintues or until the cake is risen and golden brown. Let it cool. When the cake is cold, cut into squares.

Fo the icing, stir in sugar and chocolate powder in a bowl. Add hot water and butter and contunue stirring until smooth. Spread out the coconut on a large plate.  Dip each piece of sponge cake into the icing, then toss in coconut to cover. Place on a sheet of wax paper (parchment paper) and let set.

7 comments:

Bo said...

They lookk great! I love chocolate and coconut together.

Joanna said...

Visiting via Tasty Tuesday...
These look so easy and sweet! They'd be a nice addition to a cookie tray.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lani,
Your Coconut Lamingtons look so good. Thank you for sharing your recipe and you have a great week!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

This looks great and I love coconut. Thanks for the recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Love your blog!

Diane said...

What a combination, chocolate and coconut. Mmmmmmmm Diane

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

My husband's the coconut fiend in our house! I bet he would love these!

I'd love for you to stop by my blog on Thursday for my Christmas Recipe Party!

Unknown said...

Those are impressive! Come join me for Merry Merry Munchies and a giveaway

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel