Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ordinary Buttermilk Scones

I haven't work in my kitchen for a while, I made this long time ago and here I'm sharing it to everyone.

1 1/2 cup self-rising flour (+ extra for dusting)
1 tablespoon powder sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 cup buttermilk

Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Place a parchment paper in a baking sheet. Sift the flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl and rub in the butter with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured counter. Cut out with into circles wit ay size of your choice. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet, and brush the tops with the reserved milk. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for linking your recipe to Saturday Swap... It looks delicious! Please remember to include a link back to Saturday Swap in your post. Thanks!

tinyskillet said...

They don't look ordinary to me, they look wonderful!

It's nice you have some back up recipes to post. I haven't been taking much time in the kitchen or on the computer lately.

ann low said...

Looks good. I would like to warm it up for my morning breakfast :)

Miriam said...

Your food looks delicious! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Becky said...

One can never have too many scone recipes! Thanks for sharing this one in the Saturday Swap.

Becky @ Random musings of a deco lady

Joanna said...

That is almost too easy :) They look delicious!

Diane said...

This is a lovely recipe, I like any thing with buttermilk in it.Diane

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know... it's a snowy morning here today and I am going to make thse. They sound easy and delicious and that's what I'm craving. So thanks again for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Lani, these look awesome! I'm so glad you brought them to Friday Potluck this week. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel