Sunday, March 21, 2010

Vege Salad in Kewpie Dressing

Japanese Creamy Sesame Salad Dressing
This is my favorite salad dressing from Japan. It's creamy sesame salad dressing made by Kewpie Co. and I always buy it in Costco. I was trying to search the real recipe, all I have is close to its taste. It's made from mayonnaise, soysauce, sugar, salt, vinegar, pepper, mirin, garlic powder, sesame oil, sesame seed, and sesame paste.It's also good in noodles alone.

Below are some of my favorite mix vege salad: romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and celery.

Chopped Mix Vege Salad 1

Chopped Mix Vege Salad 1

10 comments:

☺lani☺ said...

Luv it!

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite dressing as well! But I couldn't find it anywhere in Canada (got it from a friend from Japan). You get yours from Costco? Is it always available? and how much if I may ask.

Thanks!

Rkan

☺lani☺ said...

@ Rkan, yes it's always available. It costs NT$399. a bottle. I think you can also find it in Japanese Store in a small bottle, but much expensive.

☺lani☺ said...

Sorry, it's NT$299.

Anonymous said...

What is the Costco item#?

Anonymous said...

What is the Costco item#?

☺lani☺ said...

Item #0536022

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Really enjoy visiting your website from SF Bay Area. If you have other Japanese goodies (recipes, pantry items, etc.), please feel free to share.

Unknown said...

Hi, I have called all the costco's from san francisco fort lauderdale, etc and they have never heard of this sesame dressing or the item number. I love this dressing and cannot get it anywhere in florida
Are you sure of the item number and where is the store. Please Help,
thank you
nlm

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for this stateside with no luck! I was stationed in Japan for 2yrs and did buy the exact same product at Costco. I just bought a variant from Whole Foods yesterday at Virginia Beach and its not even close..Urggghhh. I'll try write my connections in Japan for this bottle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel