Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cabbage and Tomato Soup

Cabbage SoupI bought 1 head of cabbage last night, deciding to saute it with beef. I took out the beef out of the freezer to thaw, then I realized today is Wednesday (no meat for me). I put it back in the freezer, just thought of making soup out of what I have. Here's the outcome, I used half of the cabbabe, 1 small carrot, 1 big tomato, celery, onion, garlic, fresh basil, dried dill, chili sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
I have no broth ( I avoid using commercial broth), I boiled water, add few chopped shrimp just for flavoring. Put in the chopped onion, garlic, tomato, few drops of oil to boil. Followed by carrots and celery until soften. Add seasoning, then the cabbage and few fresh basil! Ready to serve...

Note: I'm not into cabbage soup diet!

iphone(3) 089iphone(3) 087


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel