Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cold Noodles with Beef

Cold Noodles with Beef
Vietnamese Style, only I used Mung bean Noodles instead of Vietnamese Rice Noodles. I like eating cold noodles specially summer time and I'll be featuring some of cold noodles I've tried before. I got this recipe from my cookbook All About Rice and Noodles, but I didn't add beansprout and fresh basil leaves.

Ingredients:
1/4 onion, shredded
1 small cucumber, shredded
3 tablespoon peanuts, chopped
100g thinly sliced beef
150g rice noodles (mung bean noodles)
Seasonings:
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
some chopped red chili
some chopped garlic
2 tablespoon stock or water

Heat water, add the mung bean noodles and cooked as directed in a package. Remove, drain, and soaked in ice water (or tap water). Drain dry. Combine seasonings in a bowl, you can adjust the seasonings according to taste, set aside. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry onion briefly, then add beef. Add salt and pepper to taste and keep frying until cooked. Set aside. Place some cold noodles in a bowl, top with beef and cucumber. Drizzle over seasonings and scatter peanuts on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010-2011 @ Food: Cooking and Capturing | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel